A problem? Reach us by clicking on one of those methods :
- Accumulate savings through monthly contributions
- Favorable interest rates on loans
- Instant loans
- Annual dividends on shares and interest on deposits
- Investment opportunities
- Insurance Fund on member deposits, loans and nuclear family upon death
- A fully filled Membership Application Form including next of kin and Spouse and
- Children Form
- Copy of the National Identity Card (Both sides)
- Copy of current pay slip (if employed)
- A recent colored passport size photograph.
- A KRA PIN
- Employer check off
Bank standing orders
- Through Ukulima Kash App or USSD *882#
- Ukulima SACCO Pay Bill 953400 with your ID as the Account Number
- Over the counter cash deposit
- Ukulima Agents
- Suluhu Platform
Also referred to as Insurance Fund, this is a mandatory insurance scheme for all Ukulima SACCO members. Each member contributes Kshs. 400/- on monthly basis.
The fund is used to pay for the last expense benefits, pay off the outstanding loans for a deceased member and double the deposits refundable to the beneficiary (nominee).
The fund is used pay off the outstanding loans for a deceased member , double the deposits refundable to the nominee (Next of Kin) and pay Last Expense benefits to member, spouse and Children (in case of death). The fund also provide cover in the event of total and permanent disablement of a member occurring during the period of insurance prior to the date of assured’s 75th birthday.
- Last Expense: 48 hours upon submission of full documentations
- Loans, Deposit & PTD : 7 days upon submission of full documentations and receipt of insured deposits from the insurance.
- We offer Front Office Savings Activity (FOSA) loans, Back Office Savings Activity (BOSA) loans, Micro Credit and Homeplan loans.
- Members qualify for loans after continuous contribution of six months apart from Chipukizi Loan which can be accessed by newly employed staff in the public service who qualify for the loan after on Month’s check off remmittance or two months salary through FOSA
- Prescibed loan application form, dully completed and signed.
Attach certified copies of two most recent months’ pay slips National ID Card
- Non salaried members are required to attach the most recent six (6) months FOSA savings or BIZ Current account statement
- Loan form should be endorsed by Branch Officials
- Security if form of at-least three guarantors who should be active members or acceptable collateral
- A member can have more than one loan in the SACCO from various categories on offer as long as one has the ability to pay and meets other applicable requirements
- Emergency, School Fees and FOSA loans are processed within 2 work days while long term development loans within 10 working days
- A member can self guarantee aloan upto 90% of the deposits accumulated and must not have guarantorship liability
- The ratio for our BOSA, FOSA and Micro Credit loans are is 1:3 , 1:4 and 1:5 respectively.
- Micro credit loan should however be secured by tangible collateral to access the 5 times multiplier
- Processing fee
- Valuation fee
- Stamped duty for outright purchase
- Annual Insurance Fees
- Legal Fees
- Three latest pay slips or most recent six (6) months FOSA Savings or BIZ Current Account or Pamoja Current
- Account statement Business
- Copy of Title Deed/Logbook
- Copy of National Identity Card (ID)
- Processing Fees
- Valuation Fees
- Insurance Fees
- Legal Fees
- Excise Duty
- Balance inquiry
- Cash withdrawal
- Payments and deposits
- Accounts Mini statement
- Dividend Slip
- Funds Transfer
- Utility Payments
- Complete the Partial withdrawal form
- Attach copies of the Latest payslip , National Identity Card (ID) and Notice of retirement
- Submit the documents to Ukulima HQ/ FOSA Branches/ Branch Officials/ Field Marketing Represenatives
Complete the prescribed Membership Withdrawal Notice (Form) which is readily available at our offices.
A member needs to inform all the guarantors he/she has guaranteed so that they seek alternative guarantor(s) for their outstanding loans.
The process takes 60 working days from the date of receipt of the withdrawal notice at the SACCO and only when the necessary requirements have been met i.e. member must have cleared all his/her liabilities with the SACCO and has replaced all the members he/she has guaranteed